Busy day

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Busy day

Postby Echo » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:44 pm

Today was my only full day off from work this week. I ended up working 4hrs yesterday. When Kelly and I got out of work we went for a small ride. Kelly didn't know it but I a destination in mind I was just taking the long way around. hehehe To the camper dealers to look and drool. We did find one that she and I both liked a lot. Now we know exactly which one we can go buy as soon as we hit the power ball.

Got up at 5:45 this morning. Dang it! I had set the alarm for 6:30 but woke up to go P and that did it. I stayed up. We were invited to a BBQ by one of the women I work with. So I never go empty handed.... I sat on my butt for a little while then at 7:30 started eggs boiling for mac salad, threw some clothes in the washer and then sorted the dirty dishes and filled up the sink. Opened two big cans of pork & beans and dumped them in a aluminum baking pan. Started chopping onions for the mac salad and the beans. So yep. In between it all, got the mac salad done, the baked beans done, laundry done, dishes and me all done, both of us out the door and on the way to Bristol by 1:30. Oh my goodness I'm still stuffed. The woman, her mother and her brother had quite a bit of food too. Kelly and I both could have rolled home all on our own without the tires on the Blazer. :lol:

All in all it was a very good day. It's now time for this old broad to go to bed, I'm pooped out.

Hope everyone had a great Sunday.
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Re: Busy day

Postby dpf » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:50 pm

So tell us about your find! What is it? What's the floor plan? Brand? We want to know about it!
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby avalen » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:59 pm

you really needed that break from your busy work schedule, glad you had a good
day out of the house. Now tell us which one you drooled over.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:12 pm

Come on you 2 ;) !! Give it up!!! What did you drool over??

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby wickedxgrl » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:37 pm

Hello girls! Thought I'd poke my nose in and say hello! ;)

There are actually 2 we found that we like. We'd actually already looked at them last summer when we were down here, at the same place. They're both Jayco tt's. The first, and favorite of the two, is a Jay Flight G2 29FBS. It's 32'6" and is really nice. It has a separate bedroom space for both of us and a decent carrying capacity of 2,190 lbs. My "room" is at the back and you have to step up into it. Has a decent wardrobe and a tv cubby which I'd probably just use for extra storage anyways. Would be a bit weird as the bottom bunk is level with the floor, lol.

The other is a Jay Flight, model 30BHDS. It too has 2 separate sleeping quarters. It's 33'11" with a ccc of 1,980 lbs. The only downer, really, is that there isn't very much storage. Not that we will need a whole lot but space enough for the major essentials is kind of lacking. But the layout is great, it's really its greatest feature I think. My bed and the bunk above it is a slide and there's a flip up table. I'd have a single ward with 2 drawers but could either put clothes and such up on the top bunk or over in the corner near/under the flip table.

Preferably we'll be able to keep it under 34', have 2 separate sleeping spaces and a layout as such that we'd be able to get in and around the tt, including the bathroom, without having to put the slides out. And of course enough storage for everything we need. I only wish they could put the my "room" from the 2nd one in the first one, lol.

This is just one manufacturer and there a lot of others out there. Our other favorite is one from Crossroads called a Zinger, model ZT29DB. If they could make it 4 season... It has what we need as far as "bedrooms" and storage and the ccc is 4,041 lbs I think.

Here are links to the model pages

Jacyo Jay Flight G2 29FBS
Jayco Jay Flight 30BHDS
Zinger ZT29DB
wickedxgrl

Postby Cedar518 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:24 am

I like the first one the best,.... the floorplan sketch looks like it would be roomy. And it is important for roomates to have a door they can close on their "own" space, even if the roomies are mom and daughter! How about looking for one that is used,... might be affordable sooner? Good luck on the search! and,.... keep us posted!
Cedar518

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:01 am

Don't you love to look? Oh, the possibilities. Any luck on the job front? You guys really deserve better than what you have. Got my fingers crossed for you.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Echo » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:35 pm

Yep that's what Kelly and I have planned. We've kept the fliers that we've picked up on the ones that we've really liked. We hope to find a used one when it comes time to buy. The only way I would buy a new one is if I DID win the lottery. Not to mention that it's the only way we would be able to afford a new one. ;)

There have been a few Class C's that we've found that we like and we will also look into that when the time comes. But it all comes down to what we can afford in the end.

The one J Flight that has a room for Kelly and the Zinger are my favorites. And Crossroads also has another one that I really, really like. As it has two separate bedrooms. Kelly and I are very close but it's a given that there have been times that we've wanted to murder each other! :lol: And everyone needs their own space. A separate room will give Kelly her own space and privacy. That's important to everybody.

Well it seemed like a long day and it's time my old tired butt was in bed. Wont take me long to get to snoring. Ni, ni everyone!
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Return to General Talk