The non-adventure of Day three

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

The non-adventure of Day three

Postby oregontocal » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:09 pm

Very short as I'm parked in a Wal-Mart parking lot and don't want to turn on the generator just for email.

Compared to yesterday, driving today was kind of boring! After cleaning the dirt and grime off the pickup from yesterday's adventure (gee, it's actually WHITE!), I drove from Dunnigan, CA down to Fresno, about 215 miles. Only real excitement was buying a set of Allen wrenches. Since I'm not paying for a site tonight, decided to amble across the street to Home Town Buffet. Not bad. And that's the day. Tomorrow I'm going to try to get as far as Barstow, with the required stop at Camping World in Bakersfield. Trudy, anything I should see in Barstow? After that, another 200 mile+ day out 40 and down 95 to Blythe, where I'll hang around for about a week and decompress after all the traffic before driving into San Diego. Today I'm officially on the Southern California page of the map.
oregontocal

Re: The non-adventure of Day three

Postby Bethers » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:30 am

Bet you were glad for some non-adventure, boring travel after the previous day :) And I look forward to my nights at Wal-mart - I get my shopping done and a place to sleep all at one time. The buffet sounds nice. Got to treat yourself sometimes.

I'm sure you're back on the road now - enjoy!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to General Talk