Where's Liz?

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Where's Liz?

Postby Liz » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:46 am

People are on the move...Karen, Jill, khenrie, who else? I can't stand it any longer...gotta get on the road too, hope to leave by Monday before the "big blow" comes this way.

Making my list, checking it twice:

RV: checkup & tire pressure check today. Chatted with my RV mechanic...his business is hurting big time. He only had one RV there to work on; usually his lot is full. He said a lot of snowbirds aren't bringing their RVs to FL this year. Fuel prices are affecting everyone, but this industry especially. Had a haircut this week and my hairdresser is in the same fix, regular customers just stopped coming.

Packing: Roe's watching me go back and forth with a keen eye. He probably thought he'd been abandoned when I took the RV for its check this morning. Packed in some peanuts for the campfire circle. :lol: Precooked a bunch of meals yesterday that can just be reheated and enjoyed.

Route planning: Checked over my route possibilities and with a little regret decided to go with the leisurely, more westerly route I had originally planned, and not try to make the NJ gtg. Partly because I had already picked out some scenic areas to visit, and partly because I'm chicken. I really don't like to drive through metropolitan areas around DC, Philly, NYC, which would be hard to avoid. My planned rout takes me north thru GA, then to the west side of the mts. through eastern TN, West VA, western PA, NY finger lakes area and NE along the L. Ontario coast to the St. Lawrence, into VT near the Canadian border. I want to look up an old college friend who lives on Lake Champlain. Cedar....I'm coming near you....I'll pm you a couple of days out to see if you have time and want to get together. Anybody else I'll be near?

Business: making arrangements for lawn care today, pool care is already scheduled, neighbor will pick up the mail. Still need to put up lawn furniture, and I think I'll take down the canopy that my RV usually parks under. Last summer the canopy ripped and shredded in a big windstorm.

What else? Gotta check that list again!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Re: Where's Liz?

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:42 pm

Liz,..... oh please do get in touch so we can meet. I'll be here until Thursday, 8/21 then will return home 8/24. Going to a bluegrass festival in North Creek, NY. I hope that isn't when you are in the area,... I'd hate to miss you. I have a back yard you can o'nite in,... and plug into side of house for electricity. Welcome mat is out!
Cedar518

Return to General Talk