Directions for dinette seat slipcovers

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Directions for dinette seat slipcovers

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:34 pm

If anyone's interested I posted a "how to" on the crafting section to make slipcovers for dinette seats.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: Directions for dinette seat slipcovers

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:48 pm

I sure am! They were great directions & I'm starting mine tomorrow. Hope you're close to the computer tomorrow tho, just in case. ;)
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Shirlv » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:41 pm

This might be the spot to post my question. I do not have a dinette in my 26ft mh. I have a jackknife sofa sleeper (the most uncomfortable thing). It is too soft and you can feel the metal bar. Do you think it could be upholstered with a more firm foam or whatever? I looked at a regular sofabed but I do not have enough room.
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:52 pm

Shirl,
I have a 3" memory foam topper bought at sam's club on my bed here at home. it's like sleeping on a cloud. would one of those work on top of your sofa, and then a slip cover of some sort over it? if that was too thick, how about 2"?
Cedar518

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:42 pm

Shirl, when my friend travels with me, I bought a foam 2" topper for the sofa. We roll it up and store it when traveling. You could leave it on the sofa and put a slipcover over it. Sometimes a fitted double sheet will fit as a slipcover if you don't have the T-shaped cushion. Is your sofa armless?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby carold » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:48 pm

Shirl, we bought a twin size blow up for grandkid and put it on the floor between the sofa and dinette at night, and I throw it on top of my bed during the day. It also fits on our jackknife sofa. I think the idea of the foam mattress might even be better-not as much work. carold

Thanks for the dinette seat slipcovers. If I ever feel energetic (although I would REALLY like to change the color of mine)-maybe when I'm settled for the winter in Sarasota. carold
carold

Postby Bethers » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:38 pm

Shirl,
This might be a stupid question - but are you looking at comfort as a sofa or as a bed? My sofa which can double as a bed, I love as a sofa, and only like as a bed, but no one ever sleeps on it. I put it in bed position with my bolsters to use to keep my feet up - which have been bothering me. But if I wanted to sleep on it, I'd use the memory foam that Cedar mentioned (which I also use on my bed).

If you want to replace the sofa, that might be tricky depending on how the storage works underneath. Mine has a great storage compartment below it, so I don't want to screw that up LOL
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Shirlv » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:14 pm

Thanks, all great suggestions. I have the memory foam for sleeping (which isn't used very often) I stayed in Florida for 2 months and was miserable because I didn't have a comfortable place to sit. The rv is a 99 so maybe the springs and cushioning has worn out. I thought of slipping something between the spring and cushion but that didn't work either.
Beth, there could be storage under the sofa if I could access it, another reason I was thinking new sofa but it is too expensive.
I will give the foam and slipcovers so thought, thanks
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Return to General Talk