San Francisco - Yikes - On a Plane!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

San Francisco - Yikes - On a Plane!

Postby MsBHaven » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:05 pm

Against my better judgement, I have listened to my DH and friends and decided to join my girlfriend on a trip via plane to San Francisco. Once a year she usually wins a free trip to somewhere (job-related) and it is all-expense paid for two and she doesn't have a boyfriend right now so she picked me (I went once before to Orlando too). Everyone said I was nuts for not wanting to go, but I really don't like flying and "free" is never 100% free - although the airfare, hotel and most food is free. Guess I'm just nuts but I would rather spend my extra money buying diesel for another trip in Ms"B"Haven, although I'm sure this will be a good trip.

If I had lots of money, I would not fly or stay in hotels but would still drive Ms"B"Haven . Just the thought of a hotel bed grosses me out. But, it is a Hilton and within a mile of Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, and Ghiradelli chocolate. Geez, I should be thankful and just stop whining. My girlfriend and I get along great and have traveled together before so I'm sure we will have fun...but I am going to miss Ms"B"Haven and Annie while I'm gone...oh yeah, and DH too.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Re: San Francisco - Yikes - On a Plane!

Postby Bethers » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:11 pm

I completely understand. Peaches and I are going with a g/f and her husband to Fredericksburg in a week for three days. We'll be staying at a B&B - and they are friends with the owner. But if I have my choice, I'd bring my rig and stay in it.

We'll both make do - and I suspect you'll have a great time in SF - this is a good time of year to go there.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:18 pm

SF would be a fun place to go, lots to do there, and I love Fishermans Wharf
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby snowball » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:19 pm

Golly I wish I had your problem......... :) I would love to go to SF but doubt that will happen can't picture it being on DH's bucket list
you put on a happy face and have fun take lots of pic's and share and you will enjoy your self
sheila
snowball

Postby SeeyaGal » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:21 am

The end of Jan 2006 DH and I were staying a Delta Shores Marina campground in Isleton, CA. We drove the Jeep over to Antioch and caught the bus to the Bart train in Pittsburgh and took the Bart all the way to San Francisco. We either walked or took the trollys all over the town and had a blast!! I'll admit we were pooped by the time we got back!

I admit I prefer the RV to planes and hotels or even cruise ships, I get motion sickness on Planes and ships....I like my little nest and all the cozy comforts of it and I can adjust my airbed and know the sheets are clean, and I don't have to pay extra to get something out of the frig for a snack.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Echo » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:48 am

Ohhhh! Margie! You will have a great time and Ms"B"Haven will be waiting for ya when ya get home!!!

LOL Jenny you are so right about the comforts of an RV and not paying for any snacks, midnight or otherwise. And did I mention the freedom? :D
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:46 am

Ghiradelli chocolate............ makes it all worthwhile! :lol:
Have a great time Margie, and don't forget pictures for us back at home. Ms.BHaven and Annie ,... and oh yes, your hubby will be still there when you get back. :D

Enjoy!
Cedar518

Postby Fernie » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:52 am

Have a great time Margie. I was in SF last fall when I was in California. I love Fisherman's Warf too and also taking the trolleys around town!! It is so different than mid Tn. Nice place to visit but give me the hills of Tn. to live!!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog..
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away...
Fernie

Postby mtngal » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:57 am

Is this your first trip to SF? You will love the "City". I worked for City and County of SF for almost 30 years, BUT not in the City. Actually 150 miles away in the mountains for Hetch Hetchy Water and Power. Every once in awhile I went to the City for a work related trip, it was always a treat. Have a great time and be sure to try the tap water from Hetchy!
Diana
mtngal

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:52 am

Oh, Margie, I am sooooo jealous. I LOVE SF and it will be worth it, especially since it is free. SF is so expensive. Neptune's on the wharf has great clam chowder. IMHO, See's candy is better than Gs. Oh, there is so much to see & do, you will love it. When I went, I just had to hang onto a trolly and sing the rice a ronie song. Oh, yes, definitely a tourist here. Go and have a great time.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Return to General Talk