Travel Pamphlets !?!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Travel Pamphlets !?!

Postby mtngal » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:00 am

Recently I went exploring in Smithville, TX....the best little town to walk and bike, many quiet streets. As usual I picked up travel pamphlets here and there. Often I DO actually read these when I get home. My question is what do you do with them when finished?!?! I hate to throw them out, maybe I will mail back to the Visitors Center! Here's the stash I came home with last week......

Diana
mtngal

Re: Travel Pamphlets !?!

Postby avalen » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:13 am

I pick up travel pamphlets too, and I do read them. I used to have a shoebox
filled with them but I did eventually throw them out.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:16 am

I use to file them. First I'd weed through them and get realistic about if it was something I'd really do or want to see etc. Then filed according to state.
AlmostThere

Postby SeeyaGal » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:21 pm

I put them in the laundry room so others will see them and maybe take a trip there. :D
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Bethers » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:12 pm

After I'm done with them, if I'm somewhere I can leave them, like Jenny, I do. If not, they go in the trash, unfortunately. LIving in a 22' rv doesn't leave room for many pamphlets, etc to remain for long.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby oliveoil » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:23 pm

I do the same as Jenny & Beth------ I share them ------or leave them in different places for others to read!!
oliveoil

Postby mtngal » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:51 pm

I like the ideas to leave for others, that works for me, now I won't feel guilty about picking them up. Thanks!
Diana
mtngal

Postby MsBHaven » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:54 pm

OMG I thought I was the only crazy person who had this problem. My husband thinks I'm nuts always picking up brochures. I used to file them and decided that was a waste of time because I would only pick up more if I ever went to that State again anyway. Now I pick them up at the Welcome Center, read through them and decide where I want to stop. As I am traveling, if I missed stopping at one of the brochure places, I throw it away. If I do stop at a particular location, I keep the brochure until I update my blog with info I gather from the brochure, then I throw it away.

I keep noticing that a lot of us on the Forum have so much in common, like brochures, pets, casual clothes, redecorating our RV's, etc. etc. It's nice to have so many friends with similar interests.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby SeeyaGal » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:23 am

I'm like Margie I use the Pamphlets to use in my blog about places we have been and then pass them on. :D
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Return to General Talk