Senior moment & mysterious dent

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Senior moment & mysterious dent

Postby Getupngo » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:12 pm

Okay, here's the story. I packed up the rig & drove it over to get propane. COMPLETELY
uneventful (except for the really cute guy I flirted with). Then I discover that the bottom
of my L-rear bay door is dented in.

Now, it wasn't that way when I got here, and I've been in and out of that bay 10 times
or so since I've been here. And my water/waste bay is right next to it ... so I couldn't
have just not seen it.

Soooo ... I haven't seen any stories about anyone run down and left for dead :shock:
and I can't imagine when/how I did dented that bay without knowing it! I'm also
really ticked because I fancy myself as a competent and safe MH driver. Humph!

Please share your silly stories with me to make me feel better!!
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Re: Senior moment & mysterious dent

Postby avalen » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:26 pm

I think someone at the propane company backed into it
I always fancied myself a very compitent driver too but one time in an
anxious moment (when my Gracie broke her leg) I backed up into the
hitch (humungous hitch) sticking out of a pick up in the parkin lot
at the vet and got my bumper hung on it. I had to go inside and ask
around for the person who owned the truck and she was so nice and
just came out and with a key, unlocked the ball, slid the receiver out
and unhooked my bumper. There was no damage to her hitch of course
but my bumper had a yanked out corner on it. The only dent I ever
put in that van. The other time I dented a bumper (about 1995) I was
backing the jeep up in the driveway at the cabin and I backed into
a tree, my husband was so mad but I could only laugh. I'm still laughing
too cause now he's my ex.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby oliveoil » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:42 pm

I had a load of steers on a goose neck trailer & was out in the middle of the pasture to unload them------& I backed into the only POST in 40 freking miles!!!!!!!!
I came to a sudden stop------& thought what was that?????????????
As I could not see any thing in either mirror---------- got out to look & there was a huge hedge post stuck in the ground in the middle of the pasture-- & I backed into it------- huge dent in the tail gate------ which made it very very very hard to open the tail gate to get the cattle unloaded--------
When I got back to the ranch------ I never said a word------& hubby said to me did ya have any trouble & I said-- NOPE!!!!!!
One day I saw him straightening the tail gate----but he knew better than to say anything to me--------if he still wanted me to keep working!!!!!!!!! And hauling cattle by my self!!!!!!! :D :D :lol:
oliveoil

Postby mtngal » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:49 pm

Mine was in a goose neck trailer too! On my first attempt to back it in the general direction of the pasture gate, I saw in the mirror the back end of my
trailer raising OFF the ground, had not felt a thing, but somehow managed to backed over my burn barrel on the far side. I carefully pulled forward and no damage to my beautiful new trailer, but a big dent in the burn barrel. That barrel is still around and has been a good reminder to me of that early lesson for many years! :lol:
Diana
mtngal

Postby asirimarco » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:45 am

Years (many years) ago when we had our first motorhome - a 24' pace arrow - we stopped at a cmapground and my husband went in to register. Pretty soon he came out and told me to move the motorhome up about 50 feet as it was blocking the road. I had not drivien it before, but how hard could 50 feet be right. It was a fairly strait road nothing coming. My MOm and all 5 kids were in with me. So Into the driver's seat, start up, in gear, move slowly forward watching road carefully. Suddenly GRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEK, GGNNAASSHH. OH S***! what happened. Nothing in front, nothing on sides. Start up again. CRUNCHHHHHHHHHHH. MOM, MOM, the roof is coming off. There was a tree leaning just over the road and of course I clipped the very top edge of the passengar side. It sounded like the entire roof came off - inside the office my husband didn't even hear it. By now I had cleared the tree so I kept going up the road to where I could pull over. We sat in silence waiting for Bill to come back. Everyone was quiet when my husband finished inside and came back and got in and drove to the site. Ended up being not much damage, in fact never even had to get it fixed.
asirimarco

Postby Cedar518 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:10 am

Mysterious dents,.... well, I can add this story,... my front license plate on my Ford Escape is very dented,... dimpled and pock-marked. I have no idea how it happened. It looks like I tried to push something with the front of my car. I suspect it is a parking lot mishap where someone backed into me,...probably someone who was in the slot in front of me trying to get a longer vehicle backed out of the driving lane. I'm just glad my bumper did its job and the only thing dented is my license plate!
Cedar518

Postby Getupngo » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:47 am

oliveoil wrote:I had a load of steers on a goose neck trailer & was out in the middle of the pasture to unload them------& I backed into the only POST in 40 freking miles!!!!!!!!

OO, when I saw the opening of this line ... "I had a load of steers on a goose neck trailer" ... I KNEW I would love this story. and I did. Thanks to you and Ava, Diana, asirimarco and Cedar for helping me feel JUST human. I like to think I'm kinda superhuman (being female, after all!) but alas! I am humbled from time to time (daily, I think!).
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby oliveoil » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:16 am

Oh--- Janice-------- the problem is I have a few hundred stories about a load of cattle on a goose neck trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I guess that comes from the farming & ranching back ground I have always lived in!!!!
What a change Branson is going to be for us------ no more loads of steers on a goose neck trailer!!!!!!!!!!
Just a wild old woman on a golf cart!!!!!!! :D
oliveoil

Postby MsBHaven » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:57 pm

Perhaps an alien dented it or maybe even a large animal ran into it. I sure wouldn't take responsibility for it if I couldn't remember doing it.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby Sunseeker » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:19 pm

Janice...I'm wondering just exactly HOW LONG were you flirting with the propane guy? I think this mystery has finally got a timeline anyway :lol: :o :lol: Fess up girl. :D
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Return to General Talk