Hey, Barbie!! :-)

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Hey, Barbie!! :-)

Postby Cudedog » Sat Aug 10, 2024 10:31 am

Barbie, the suspense is killing us!

We need an update. LOL. :lol:

Beth, glad to hear that Ty is improving. Hope he is soon back to his usual self. It is so upsetting when our little loves are ill.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Re: Hey, Barbie!! :-)

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Aug 16, 2024 12:31 pm

OK, so this past week or two has been extremely long, frustrating, and stressful for me. :o :(

There were constant delays on the closing. I was told different things from different people (both agents and the escrow lady) which was very confusing and frustrating. Lots of finger-pointing between agents on who was causing the delays. I was told there was just "one more thing" needed, then one more, one more, and one more. It was exasperating! I have never gone thru a closing, buying or selling, that was so screwed up in my life! I felt like I was about to have a nervous breakdown this week. :shock: Every day I was on an emotional rollercoaster.

Yesterday morning, my agent said we should be finally closing. Later, I called the escrow lady (who is totally fed up with me and my calls by now) and she said everything is done...except... :roll: ...she needs a reading on my electric meter by the management! Another huge "ughhh!!" out of my mouth (probably too loud :roll: ). Luckily, it was about 15 minutes later that one of the maintenance guys I know, came by to read it. I told him what it was for so he said he would rush it back to the office.

Meanwhile, on Tuesday, I was out in my car to run an errand in town and stopped to pick up a pizza. When I started my car, I noticed the temperature gauge went up to hot right away! I turned on the heat right away to pull the heat off the engine and quickly drove down the street to my mechanic. They were just closing but said they could look at it in the morning. I called Debbie to come pick me up. So, like I needed any more stress and problems! :roll: Well, it turns out it needed a new radiator and thermostat. So that all came to $1000 :o . I don't have $1000 so I can't go get the car back until I have the funds from escrow :roll: .

I finally got the call around 3:30 from escrow to go there and sign two more things and pick up the check in an hour, before they closed. I called my bank to find out how long it would take for me to have access to the money if I deposited the check before they closed last night. Was told up to 7 business days! :o Oh, no, no, no! That won't work! They said it would be faster for a wire transfer. So I called the escrow lady back and told her I wanted to wire the money instead. She said she already made out the check and will have to redo whatever she had just done (I am sure I heard her go "ughhh!").

I got a ride with a friend over there and signed the title and another form and left. So now I wait to see when the money will be in my account after she wired it this morning. I am hoping by tomorrow, but being Saturday, I don't know if that will happen or will have to wait until Monday.

I feel a huge weight lifted off me with this whole mess finally done! I have barely slept, barely eaten, and haven't felt up to doing anything around here for over a week. I now have the next week to get back on track around here and finish sorting, tossing, and boxing things up. Next Friday is when I pick up the U-Haul trailer and load up my storage stuff to take out to Tucson. Will leave on Saturday morning early, then unload the trailer at the new storage place out there, drop off the U-Haul trailer and go to David and Julies house. I told Julie I will probably do nothing for 3 days but sleep and sit in the hot tub! Then on Wednesday, the 28th is David's surgery, so another stressful thing to go thru but hopefully that will all go OK and he will be fine after that.

So that is my saga story! I hope I never have to go thru anything like that again! :shock: I just don't handle things like that very well. :(
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Cudedog » Fri Aug 16, 2024 3:10 pm

Barbie, thank you for the update - and my heart goes out to you over all of the difficulty.

Sending my very best wishes your way that you will soon be off on your wonderful adventure.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby snowball » Fri Aug 16, 2024 11:30 pm

wow Barbie what a roller coaster ride you have been on...hopefully the money will get into your account quickly... so glad that it's behind you now!!! now the worst part sorting and packing take care hopefully everything will be ok with your brother
sheila
snowball

Postby Redetotry » Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:57 pm

I can't even image what an ordeal you have been through. There should be someone you could report who ever you were working with for incompetence!! I hope everything else goes well!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Return to General Talk