I'll be scarce

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

I'll be scarce

Postby avalen » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:11 am

my computer is in the shop getting rebuilt so I'll be scarce until it gets back. I tried to get my old
computer out andhook it up but it just will not work, :(
I'm at work on one of the computers but it won't let me see images and links so its really picky
as to what it will let me do. I'll be planning on catching up alot when I get my computer back,
hopefully I'll get it back before the weekend.
Just thought I'd let you know.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Re: I'll be scarce

Postby Bethers » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:23 am

We'll miss you - and I bet you sneak in and read even if you can't see the pics :)

Hope you get your computer back with everything just how you want it.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:13 pm

Hope you get it fixed soon! :D
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:14 pm

Oh, the withdrawals!! I can sympathize.
Today my telephone/internet was down. Talk about panic!! I was on my cell to Comcast for 1/2 hr before she decided I needed a technician to come out. They were actually gonna come out this afternoon! Well, when it's my computer or any electronics I'm like a dog with a bone, so I started troubleshooting. Come to find out I put a splicer on the cable so I could watch TV here next to my computer. For whatever reason it wasn't allowing my cable modem to do it's thing. I unhooked all the cables and the reattached them and viola'!! Called Comcast back and told them to cancel. I love the feeling when I 'getter done' on my own! :ugeek:
Last edited by AlmostThere on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AlmostThere

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:46 am

I get very cranky when I don't have my computer and internet up and running. Hurry back Ava! We'll miss you.
Cedar518

Postby Lotus » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm

I know the feeling also. My brother and SIL visiting from Virginia, and I feel as though I'm competing for my own computer!!

Beck
Lotus

Postby avalen » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:18 pm

my computers back temporarily, its not done but I an use it over my 5 day weekend,
then it goes back. The XP is on it now but the partitions are still on it too, thats what
he wants to do next time, plus it has two harddrives and its not recognizing the other
one, (big one) and its operating on a little harddrive. I see I have lots of catching up
to do, so I'm off to read posts and get caught up.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:31 pm

Glad to have you back! Too bad it's not finished, but at least you weren't gone for long. We sure are one chatty bunch.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:16 pm

OMG computer problems! PANIC!!! I've been having problems with my aircard - keeps kicking me off the internet. Called Verizon and they're sending me a new one (will be free after a mail-in rebate) and wouldn't you know it, haven't had a problem since. The park's wifi has been mostly down, too. What the H_E-* * does a person do without the internet?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Return to General Talk