King's Ranch

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: King's Ranch

Postby Nasoosie » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:02 am

Now what an interesting tidbit of history this is! How do you ladies find such neat things to view and learn about? I am so happy to get a glimpse of what's out there in other parts of the country that I never saw. When I was traveling in my VW Bus, in the 60s, across the country and back several times, I was just happy to stop in the middle of nowhere and camp for free with the wildlife----I truly can't remember much of anything historically noteworthy that I took the time to visit. I do remember the "Going to the Sun" highway over the Rockies, and, at one point, Donner's Pass'-----(was not hungry for days after that trip!!) Other than that, my travelings were in and about young federal parks where there was nothing but wolves, coyotes, elk, bison, grizzlies, black bears, and myriads of smaller critters.

I love this group's finding such interesting spots to visit, and the wonderful pictures and info you pass along to us all.

Thanks to all of you!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Sparkle » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:07 am

Soos, I think we've lived parallel lives. I lived and traveled in VW bus too. So many of the things you say are exactly what I've thought, done and said. Hey, only one of us needs to post. :D
Sparkle

Postby Nasoosie » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:09 am

Well, then Sparky!----guess I will need to put a hand across my avatar pic, eh????? I will work on that!!!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:24 am

I would love to see Kings Ranch! Thanks for the pics. I had Quarter horses for years & Kings Ranch is a legend around here. And I know better than to go to the saddle shop. I have ridden in 5 years but still have 2 saddles & a box of tack I could never part with. Love the gate too. :D
NakedPupsAndMe

Previous

Return to General Talk