The er.... donkey story

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

The er.... donkey story

Postby khenrie » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:08 pm

Okay, thought I'd share:

After we left Mount Rushmore, we got on this little loop road that took us into the national park where the wild animals roam. All kinds of signs about not getting near the buffalo, not a word about donkeys though.

So here we come upon two seemingly wild donkeys near the side of the road, next to a pull out with touristy signs, etc. So I turnout to check my map, was pretty sure we were lost. While I checked the map, Megan went over near the donkeys to get some pictures.

Time to go - so I call Megan back to the car. Next thing I know, she's hollering for me. I look over and the darn donkeys are gaining on her, one right at her shoulder. Told her to keep walking calmly and slowly... which she did. Those silly things followed her all the way to the car! They seemed friendly enough, so kids broke out the last 3 cookies we had in the car and commenced petting and feeding these "wild" donkeys.

I think they would have come home with us if we'd let them...

So, off we are, back on the road and heading in the right direction. And the kids get rolling on the er... "donkey" puns, jokes, comments, etc. At first Megan is offended on where the older kids are going with their "jokes", but then she and I get going too and we are all making up puns and jokes about Megan's adventures with the "donkeys" (use suitable alternate word that goes with Jack) and I get to laughing so hard I'm crying and eventually have to pull over. I have not laughed that hard since I don't know when. Here it is for your viewing pleasure - hehehehe

So there you have it - the er.... donkey story!

I've got some scenic shots of our trip.... I'll have to get to those another day. Too much playing around today thus far! lol
Choose to be happy!

Kimberly
Wife to Randy, mom and grandma
1999 Four Winds Chateau 31'
Photos from our 2011 Travels http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1935970031534.2115989.1010845598&l=5be7ea1322
khenrie

Re: The er.... donkey story

Postby Bethers » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:11 pm

Absolutely wonderful story - from the tame wild animals to the laughing so hard. These are moments none of you will ever forget - and probably will be laughing about again often.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sunseeker » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:17 pm

OMG, Kim! I'm sitting here in the computer room laughing like an ass! You are side-splitting me with those pictures of you laughing. How incrediblly fun! :lol: :lol:
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:19 pm

That is such a great story,.... and those pictures are ones that your daughters will always treasure along with the memory of your trip and all the fun and laughing.

Gas $4.30/gal,.... Campgrounds $30/night,..... trip like that ...PRICELESS!
Cedar518

Postby carold » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm

:lol: :lol: That is too funny. I'm laughing along with everyone else. Something you will never forget. I can just see you and the girls sitting around in 10 years laughing and reliving. Great pics. carold
carold

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:30 pm

Those pictures of you laughing made me start laughing. You're contagious! Did no one warn you about those "wild" donkeys? That loop yu were on is notorious for those guys surrounding cars begging. Somewhere I have a photo of a van with about 7 of those guys sticking their heads in every open window. Aren't they cute? You and your family will be laughing about this for years.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby mtngal » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:20 pm

So cute, and funnnnnny! I bet the memories will have a similar reaction over Thanksgiving dinner! Di
Diana
mtngal

Postby avalen » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:36 pm

:lol: how absolutely hilarious and the pictures were great, especially all those
candid shots of you laughing and crying. Something you'll remember for a long
time.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Return to General Talk