A Lesson in Tenacity

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: A Lesson in Tenacity

Postby Paulette » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:27 pm

I seem to recall a story in the Bible about this very thing. Nicadimus maybe? Hmmmm, guess I should get my bible out more often so I can recall more of the story. :oops:
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:46 pm

I remember that tree !! I remember every inch of that road going up to it too :lol: :lol: Would love to go back so maybe I could see and enjoy some of the scenery :lol: :lol:
Hopefully the road is better since the landslide they had, if its fixed yet that is. It really is a gorgeous area and don't think that was the only tree that had such a precarious hold on its life up there. Picture brought back great memories, need to do it again huh?

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:42 pm

Paulette, I think you are thinking of The Parable of the Sower in Matt. 13. It reflects how our faith will or won't grow, depending on how we tend to it.
AlmostThere

Postby dcricket » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:06 pm

I love this thread. Thank you Pooker for starting it, and the path it took into parables was just as enlightening. I remember a necklace my Mom had, that was my fav. It was a little bubble with a mustard seed. Still remember when I asked, the answer I received...."If you have the faith of a mustard seed, you can move a mountain in the name of the Lord"
Like the ideas of collecting seeds and seeing what transforms, as well as Sparkles no weeds just - just plants growing where they shouldn't be.
Love it.
:)
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Previous

Return to General Talk