FROSTY SATURDAY MORNING IN THE WOODS!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

FROSTY SATURDAY MORNING IN THE WOODS!

Postby Nasoosie » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:32 am

GOOD MORNING, ALL!!

I had to take a few pictures just now to show how pretty the frost looks as light dawns today.

Such beautiful crystals on the lilac bush!

And more pretty decorations!

Last frost crystal one.

My trailer and the Suzuki Sidekick awaiting warmer times!!

And my trusty old Glenelle TT that I practiced hauling and camping in before I got my new Hideout. Snow here is rather deep now.

I hope you all will have a great Saturday doing something fun, wherever you are, and that you can show us some pictures of your area of the world. I'm looking forward to getting in some quality snow time on my skis today!

Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Re: FROSTY SATURDAY MORNING IN THE WOODS!

Postby avalen » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:35 am

great pictures
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:44 am

Absolutely love your pictures but am glad I'm not there. Lord, I admire your stamina - if I had to snowshoe somewhere I'd probably hibernate till Spring.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby asirimarco » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:54 am

Mother Nature is the greatest artist of them all. Amazing pictures. But glad I'm not there. I remember that from when I was a kid living in Jamestown, NY.
asirimarco

Postby Sparkle » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:42 am

Just beautiful. I remember when I first lived in Tennessee they kept talking about ice-storms. Then I experienced one. Every branch, twig and leaf were encased in a crystal clear i/2in thick casing of ice. It was incredible. Of course the trees couldn't bear the weight and came crashing down. Do you remember in Dr. Zhivago the scenes in the snow, the house that was encased in ice?
Sparkle

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:17 pm

Loved the photos. This is the way I like to see ice/snow - from a distance. I do love the beauty but hate the cold; don't know how you manage it all that.

I was inspired by your pictures and remembered seeing a little patch of buttercups coming up in my yard. Went out early this morning, got a good photo, uploaded to photobucket with no problem. Have spent way too much time trying to post it here with no luck, sorry. Might try again later. It would have showed a promise of spring.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Bethers » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:27 pm

Thanks for sharing those Soos - beautiful pics - that I'm glad are where you are and I just get to look at them.

That's a great pic of your TT in it's cozy winter home. Nice that it isn't getting covered by all this snow and ice.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OutandAbout » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:59 pm

Hi all, I have to agree, the ice looks better from afar. I remember the ice storm we had in Dec 07. That was something else. The debris was finally cleaned up in April 08. I lost 4 trees to that storm and have a number more severely damaged. I agree it is beautiful to look at, but no thanks. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Linda
OutandAbout

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:21 pm

No picking blueberried today, eh, soosie? :lol:
Cedar518

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:13 pm

Promise of Spring

Cannot believe I've spent so much time trying to get this posted today but was determined not to give up. (Finally found out that an update for Mac users now requires one slightly different step to post.)
Anyway I hope you have had a hint of spring in your life today. Weather here was great!
bluepinecones

Postby Lotus » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:23 pm

Great pictures from both Nasoosie and bluepinecones. I noticed today that our irises, daffodils, and day lilies are all peeking through also. Nasoosie, that is an awesome cover for your home on wheels. It most be very sturdy to hold up through all the snow that you have.

Lotus
Lotus

Postby Nasoosie » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:46 pm

Bluepine.....WONDERFUL that you learned to post that picture! It's beautiful! I can't WAIT to see green things like that here, but it won't be for another 3 months!

In the meantime, I hope the weather stays at least cold enough to ski for a bit more. It was so warm today that the snow stuck to my skis, and was so squishy that I couldn't ski without falling through about 4 feet of it. Poor little Molly couldn't move out there! She was going along like a porpoise!

Thanks for the touch of spring!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:15 pm

Thanks for the encouragement on the photo. I'm new to the forum, digital cameras, and PhotoBucket. A little maddening at times.

I actually laughed out loud at the image of you pup swimming in the snow! :lol: Since you have to deal with the snow, I hope it firms back up for you to ski.
bluepinecones

Postby snowball » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:59 pm

such extremes in the photos' ice storms in one and the promise of spring in the other!! each so very pretty. We used to live where they had ice storms so pretty and glad that we don't have to deal with it now days!!! and with the rain today looking forward to the desert bloomin
Thanks for the photo both of you
sheila
snowball

Return to General Talk