Moving On in Las Glorias Mexico

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Moving On in Las Glorias Mexico

Postby asirimarco » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:08 pm

I'm back.....It took us over four hours to go 171 miles today. Left Huatabampito around 9:30 and got here about 2ish. Some challanges on the road today. Leaving the beach we went through a little town that was having its market day. Zillions of people, busses, cars, trucks and bike on the road. Were selling everything from clothes to food. And some kind of meeting for men in cowboy hats was going on.
He was on his way there with his cotton candy
And so was this bus - I wonder how the driver can see to drive
She was just trying to get her laundry dry
Crossing the state line from Sonora to Sinoloa - all the northbound trucks were being really checked. This one was being unloaded! Sinoloa is a drug heavy state so lots of check points. In fact we were stopped and boarded twice today. First time right after crossing state line - by the Federal Police in their all black uniforms. They were very nice and polite but did come in and open bathroom door and check things out. Asked where we were going etc. Thanked us and got out. Bill told them that the 5th wheel behind us was his brother so they just waved him through. They were our friends from Canada traveling with us.
The second time was a surprise, just before we got to the beach there was another stop this time the army. They also boarded and looked around. Again very polite and friendly. Asking if they could come in etc. Again they just waved our friends through.
This is where we are - again right on the beach. And surprise I can use my Verizon Air Card here - don't know what it is costing me but... The campground has wifi but have to go to the restaurant to use it. Probably will do that from now on.
Another picture of the campsite. Nice campground 30amps, swimming pool, restuarant, laundry, showers etc. right on beach. Lots of restuarants down the beach too.
Will give more info tomorrow when using their wifi.
asirimarco

Re: Moving On in Las Glorias Mexico

Postby Bethers » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:14 pm

Very interesting about the checkpoints today- and love all the beach cg's. Why don't more places understand our love of the beach and water?
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:22 pm

Interesting pics as usual. I don't see how the bus driver could see either. :o The check points would have scared me bad. When I was a kid & we'd go to Canada crossing the border always made me nervous. Did any of them look at the Playboy? :lol:
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Nasoosie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:40 am

You are so brave traveling with all those checks and boardings! I could never travel in Mexico alone. I am used to crossing the border into Canada up here, although I haven't done it since the new regulations have gone into place. I don't have a passport, and never really wanted to have to get one. However, with Canada being so close, I suppose I should apply for one, IF I can find all my legal documents proving I am a human being, date of birth, etc, etc.!

The shortest route for me to get west from here is to go into Canada and cross back into the U. S. at Sault St. Marie. How would I get a passport? Which govt. office issues those? What do I actually need to get one, other than money? Can you get a spare one, as I KNOW I will lose mine at least once or twice! I have tons of buddies who live in the Pacific Northwest Canadian provinces, too. Sigh...just one more piece of paper to keep track of in order to move around. It bugs me to have to get a passport.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Liz » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:37 am

I had to go to the courthouse to apply for my passport. Some places do it at the post office, so I tried that first and was redirected to the courthouse.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Sparkle » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:49 am

No, they definately DON'T give you a spare! It's not just a piece of paper though. Its a small thin book. Be careful! And apply now in case you need it. And my experiences with Border Crossings were worse with Canada than they were with Mexico. And that was before 9/11 happened. It was the USA guards that were awful, the Canadians couldn't have been nicer. Do you remember Tioga George couldn't get back in to America because he told the guards he didn't have a permanent address? They held him so long he had to call his congressman.
Sparkle

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:01 am

Carol,.... another set of great pics of real people. I really enjoy the pics of everyday life in MX. You should do a photo book about your trip.

I think here in our area Soosie we can go to the post office. I have already downloaded the forms from the internet,... just have procrastinated getting it done. Maybe over our Feb. break from school that will be on my "to do" list. Who knows, I might want one in the future so why not get it done.
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:31 am

The passport application is very easy- and yes, most post offices will take care of it - but most po will not do the passport pic (some do, though). I got my passport pic done at either Walgreen's or CVS. Just make sure you have a certified birth certificate, as you have to mail it in with the application. Yes, you will get it back.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sparkle » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:52 am

Strangely enough I could take my own photo for my British Passport. I did and they accepted it.
Sparkle

Postby Bethers » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:57 am

You can here also, Sparkle, as long as it fits the criteria.
Beth
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:03 am

I just got mine at our courthouse. Got my picture at Walgreens. I had two choices: $50 for a passport card like a driver's license. Can be used for anything EXCEPT flying somewhere. $100 for a passport book. Got the card since I only want to go to either Mexico or Canada.

I, too, want to know about the Playboy magazine!!!!!
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Nasoosie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Thanks, all. All I will need is a passport card, too, as I don't fly and will NEVER fly! So Canada will be it for me, and, if someone goes with me some day, perhaps a venture into Mexico!

Mail my original birth certificate??? You must be kidding! NO WAY! I will have to drive it myself to wherever they need it, I guess. I used a fake birth certificate for years until I needed a real one to get my SS! NO possible way will I let it out of my hands now! (IF I can find it again, that is!)

Again, thanks for the info....will check with a local Post Office to see what I need to do. Actually, come to think of it, my daughter has gotten hers....I can just call her and ask how she did it. Luckily, she didn't inherit most of my phobias, and she actually flies!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby snowball » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:21 pm

we got the pass cards. Yes cheaper yes you are limited to where you plan on going but if you don't think you will make it somewhere where you would have to fly no problem. Yes you have to send your orginal birth certificut why they won't accept the person viewing it coping it have no idea. But then the goverments in charge of it so why would we think it would be simple? And yes you do get the birth certificut back
sheila
snowball

Postby Liz » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:23 pm

You can send for another certified copy of your birth cert. if you don't want to let the one you have out of your hands. It just has to have the embossed seal on it, so not a photocopy. I used my original and it was sooooo ooooolllld :lol: that they almost wouldn't accept it because the seal was flattened out and could barely be discerned.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Return to General Talk