hanging stuff on the walls

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

hanging stuff on the walls

Postby avalen » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:47 am

hanging stuff on my walls with little screws doesn't seem to be the ideal way
to decorate. Whats the best way to hang stuff, like pictures, some kind of
glue? What glue would be best so that it can be easily removed if I want to
redecorate.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Re: hanging stuff on the walls

Postby JanJer » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:20 am

Been wondering that myself Ava...so far I am using 3M hooks and poster putty. I did put a couple screws in for a heart shaped shelf thingy in the bathroom that I have a couple flamingos on, they are stuck down with poster putty and travel quite nicely...I had them in the 5er for years. Also CW has stick on velcro that you can hang stuff with, but that probably wouldn't be easy removal.

Jan
ImageImage
Roughin' It Smoothly
Jan, Jerry, Roada the Chi and Sass the Cockatiel
JanJer

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:41 pm

If it doesn't weigh too much I use a kinda fancy pushpin with a small hook(Walmart) AND use the earthquake putty to secure the bottom of the frame so it doesn't swing. For a small permanent shelf I have used Loc-tite and its really permanent.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:59 pm

All my pictures, and hooks and other things on the wall that I've added, I use 3M Two sided tape. I tried to be cheap and went with stuff from the dollar store and everything fell down. Switched to the good stuff and no problems at all. I have 3 pics on walls this way and 4 hooks in the bathroom, and what is called a wall remote caddy (that I use to put my glasses in) next to my bed. One pictures is fairly heavy, I just used more than it calls for - and it's been over a year now (maybe two or more on the bathroom hooks) on this tape - with nothing coming down.

I did put screws in to put up a space rack, but put it on an interior wall, where it's going into a closet.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:39 am

3M Dual Lock is the best stuff EVER! http://www.itapestore.com/index.asp?Pag ... stom&ID=19 I read about it on Traveling with Andy blog and he highly recommended it. It is da bomb! I ordered earthquake putty, was no better than the poster stuff you get in Walmart. Heavy duty Velcro works but you have to use so much of it. But this 3M Dual Lock is awesome.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Return to General Talk