Need Your Opinion

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Need Your Opinion

Postby oliveoil » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:50 pm

we keep a small address book for Users names and passwords for our computer...maybe that would be something you might consider..

Thanks RV Granny-------- I have one---if I only knew where the damned thing was since we moved!!!!!!!! :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
oliveoil

Postby kelpie » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:48 pm

Beth,
As always you have the most thought provoking posts - I don't have an opinion either way but I know that I personally don't post nearly as often as I check what everyone else has to say, usually due to lack of time or something to say on that topic. I love love love these forums for women and am looking forward to meeting several more of you as I begin to travel more.
Kellie
Kellie
and Eddie the wonder dog
2000 Four Winds
http://goodsamclub.mytripjournal.com/kelstravels
kelpie

Postby dcricket » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:17 am

OO glad you managed to log in and bring your special touch to the forum. Seeeeeeeeee, people care :)

Saw mention of having a post deleted, and though I am no way picking sides or loading bullets for the Hatfield or McCoys :| , I would like to say Thank You. I am truly thankful for the thoughtfulness of those who sent me a lil PM of support, not to just figure out "What did I do, What did I say", so much as to express they were sorry to see I had been deleted. I certainly hold no malice - I feel if that's the worse that can happen to me in a day - then I am truly blessed. :)
I honestly believe the open discussions, desire for thought provoking opinion/fact finding posts here is absolutely wonderful.
I know sometimes people may misinterpret the written word, as without the personal/facial and vocal inflections, a lot can be lost in translation, and sometimes trying to assist in simple clarification can sometimes make matters worse. I understand the conditions to which membership is issued (main thing I remembered reading was - please be respectful). I know many of us have good friends across various other forums and belong to various other fourms as well, and I'd only like to "possibly" suggest adopting the "Vegas Pause" (VP) before posting negativity in public. If someone becomes disgruntled or a little fuzzy on a particular topic/comment, please give the benefit of the doubt, seek guidance of the moderators or poster of the comment via PM. It's just a thought. :) Probably common sense and you all do it any way...sorry, maybe I'm just rattling on here. :oops:

All I know is, in the short time since I've joined, I like the forum, and the women here too. Took me a little gettin use to in navigating around, but once you get yer feet wet, you're a pro in no time :D It is so apparent everyone is eager to help one another, cares deeply for others feelings, and are here for a common purpose...to visit, share a good levity or two, seek a little consolement, to learn, and hopefully the greatest of all - get to meet up with each other when one travels to your home area, or if you are able, to RV to another forum ladies' home or local GTG. So nice to see this opened the door for others to feel more comfortable to walk on in. Just a good thing :D
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Postby Gentleladybear » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:34 am

Donna think your response here is right on target. I think of this forum as the Phoenix took something from the ashes and rebuilt it into a useful tool. It is easy to have an opinion here without fear of retaliation, therefore making it easier to meet other members and form lasting bonds here. I have found many useful pieces of information here, along with following the lives of some of the members. To me it is a place I look forward to visiting. Thank you Donna for your thoughts.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby islandmomma » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:02 pm

Yes. Donna, I think you make some very good points and I abhor censorship in most of its forms...

As far as the original question posed, I had a few more thoughts. I have worked a lot with groups and wanted to remind all that, in every setting involving a group of ppl, there are the 'quiet ones', the more talkative ones, the really outspoken ones, and even the silent ones. I think each person takes what they need from a group in the way that they need it and, so long as they are offensive to no one, that should be OK in my book. The funniest thing is that later evaluations of group experiences often indicate that the identity of the ppl who learned the most/derived the most satisfaction from the group is not predicted by their level of participation, only by the fact that they did participate at all... Sometimes the quieter ones made the most gains...I think that is worth considering... :)

jan
islandmomma

Location: Vancouver Island, BC is my home base but have been 'on the road' since April 18, 2009

Postby islandmomma » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:51 am

Am I in trouble? Did I mess up somehow? This was a very interesting discussion I thought...
I apologize if I said anything to offend... I did not want it to stop. Is there a general sense of opinion that anyone can summarize?
Sorry...still just advocating for the 'lurkers'.... :)

jan
islandmomma

Location: Vancouver Island, BC is my home base but have been 'on the road' since April 18, 2009

Postby dcricket » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:42 am

Noo noo nooooo :D , Jan, I don't see how you would be in any 'trouble' for advocating or voicing your opinion as thats what this discussion was all about. I for one happen to love the diversity and thoughts shared by all. I think purdy much everyone has put in there 2 cents for the most part and may not have any more to add??? You're fine my dear. ;) In here there really is no right no wrong (well except for profanity and being downright mean to someone). :D
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Postby Gentleladybear » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:45 am

Jan you are just fine, you voiced your opinion as did we all. Believe everyone is reading and thinking for a bit. I also believe this is what this forum is all about is being able to voice opinions, thoughts without fear of being deleted for those opinions. So back to my corner for a bit more thinking. :lol:
Gentleladybear

Postby Shirlv » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:52 am

Beth, I agree with the requirements. I think a few more days should be allowed to post an introductions. If you haven't heard from me in 6 months, send help. I can't keep my mouth shut that long. :D
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Previous

Return to General Talk