Boomerville at Quartzsite AZ

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Boomerville at Quartzsite AZ

Postby SeeyaGal » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:18 am

Here is a birds eye view of "Boomerville" out near Quartzsite. You see two roads, one heading to the mountains and one heading left. The road heading left heads you to Q. Quartzsite is the direction towards the bottom of the photo.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Re: Boomerville at Quartzsite AZ

Postby Bethers » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:40 pm

Neat! And where is your rig in this pic?
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby LegalLady » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:59 pm

Going to Q is on my "bucket" list; heck, going anywhere out west will do! This east coast gal is itching to get going, but gotta retire first! Sure hope I can do it this year.
Leslie
Boston, MA
2007 Roadtrek 210P
LegalLady

Postby SeeyaGal » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:26 am

LOL I think I was parked on the left line of RV's. Just got word they are heading out there already. Tonight was a Pizza party and we reserved a room at Round Table and we must have had 34 Boomers show up. Two gals that came were Boomer wannabees and solo RV gals heading to Q.

With Quartzsite you either love it or hate it, it's a giant yard sale and wall to wall people!
Here are aerial views of Quartzsite and the big tent

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Liz » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:40 pm

Boomerville looks a lot more inviting than the big tent area, as far as camping is concerned, but Quartzite looks like a fun place to spend a day.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Nasoosie » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:44 pm

My dream is to get to both Quartzite and the Slabs one day!

Thanks for the great pics...it's the first time I've seen just how extensive the gathering there is!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby SeeyaGal » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:42 am

Here is another view of Boomerville looking towards Quartzsite. The reason we are kinda by ourselves out there is because our area is the LAST area off the road that you can camp free for 14 days
N33 38.985
W1149.070 if you are using GPS to find us
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Postby SeeyaGal » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:28 am

Barbzeee asked how I got shots of Quartzsite from the air and this is how.
This guy flys over our group taking photos and Quartzsite and sells them to you. We also have a member in the Boomers group that has one of these little ultralights and he does the same. That's how I got these photos.
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Postby Getupngo » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:39 pm

I had NOOOO idea Quartzite was such a metropolis. :shock: holy moly!!
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby mtngal » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:06 pm

me either! that's crazy, but looks like tons of fun!
Diana
mtngal

Postby SeeyaGal » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:39 am

If you don't have enough fun in Quartzsite we have the Boomers to entertain you!
Here is the 2006 Geraldine contest gals....I mean guys lol
Mark Chevez in the sexy red dress and hat won 1st place....dang he looks good in Drag!! He turned around and flipped up his dress and he was wearing a thong with the words " Hi Mom" on his butt!! The crowd roared with laughter and cameras were everywhere and people laughing till they were crying!! My friend Patsy Cook ( far left in the pink outfit) gets the guys to do it every year so this year I am going to get Dan to do it!! I have several costumes. I think he could wear my Hawaiian Mumu and I have wigs. Not sure I could get him into the sexy Pirate costume.

It all started when one of the guys named Gerry , wanted to go to a Red Hat lunchen with the gals because he felt left out , the girls always had fun so he dressed in drag to go with them!
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Postby dcricket » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:27 am

Jenny, what day are they doing it this year? Would be a hoot to see and and help cheer on Dan. ;)
Last edited by dcricket on Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:21 am

That is wild! :o I know nothing about this, so is this an annual event? Does everyone go at a certain time of the year or is it like this all the time? I would love to go. Dont' know how long I could stay before it drove me crazy, but I would love to see all this. Great pics, thank you! :D
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby snowball » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:10 am

People start gathering at Quartzsite early fall and leave mid march till in april. We are out on BLM land cost 180 Dollars for Sept 15 thru April 15 its dry camping in town there are lots of campgrounds with full hook ups!!! the venders start coming when they were here when we got here mid dec. And they keep coming and coming so that they are here when the pow wow is on late Jan!! then the venders start leaving sometime in Feb. by April they are mostly gone and its is a sleepy little town again!!
In the winter time the amount of people swell up into the thousands!!! Can't remember the count but high numbers like triple digets. It gets busy but it is fun to see all that people seem to think rv'ers want!! or need!!! a lot of people just come in for a day of shopping from near by communities. we have kept track of the states this year are only missing I think 15 of seeing a car or vechile from all of the states. and they are mostly from the east coast.
by all means come on over and check it out. Everyone should check oout Quartzsite atleast once. you may like it or you may not
sheila
snowball

Return to General Talk