Best/Worst states for taxes

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Best/Worst states for taxes

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:23 pm

We pay registration fees on the truck and the 5th wheel...$81 on the truck....$12 on the 5th wheel...PLUS inspection on both....in PA....each year...we don't pay any PA state income tax because of our retirements/pension are both Federal and State employee pay.....we do pay federal tax on Ernie's retirement income....my VA Comp...is non-taxable......But...PA has this little annoying tax called....Personal Per Capita tax....(privledge to have a PO Box & vote tax...I call it..) it's only $11 each, but it just burns me up cause we aren't even in the state for 6 months a year since we full-time....don't own property...etc....other than that, don't have much to complain about there.....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Paulette » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:59 am

Don't even think about Maryland. They tax the tax! Only pay tax on a vehicle when you purchase it, but also have to renew tags every 2 years and that is kinda pricy. I don't think I've ever renewed my RV tags yet, cause I traded in before the other ones expired, but I know for my car last year it was $128 (for 2 years). Each county in MD has a "piggyback" tax, which is a tax on whatever your tax liability is to the state. Yeah, don't even think about Maryland. Nice place to visit, but you don't want to be taxed here!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:11 pm

I know this is OT for the thread, but I have to agree with Shell about the cows in tv commercials. But,... oh don't Brown Swiss have the most beautiful eyes? My son has a dairy farm, most of his are those beautiful Jerseys with some Holstein, Ayrshire and Gurnsey. He says he keeps the "off" breeds so the kids can show in all the 4-H classes at the fair. I'll bet those farmers who specialize in those breeds don't think they are "off"... :lol: Just quoting my son who is a solid Jersey man. Re: the beef varieties,.... we had a farm nearby that had the Scottish Highlands,... with the very long hair. Interesting breed. At least I think those are beef, not dairy. Who knows, I'm not the farmer, my son is! :lol:
Cedar518

Postby Nasoosie » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:17 pm

I have heard about the proposed 'cow fart' tax! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

Can't we find a way to capture all that gas and use it to heat barns in the winter, or generate electricity instead?? Taxes are getting WAY out of hand (or other body parts!) here!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby soisew » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:16 pm

catch cow gas would be impossible. However...it is possible for manure in feedlots, dairy barns, pig farms to be collected, brewed and turned into methane which can be used for lots of things. Cattle out on the range, are well -- free to do what a cow will do and there's no way to collect all that stuff. However I ahve a gold mine of frozen nuggets in the area we've been feeding these past few weeks...hard to drive over , will get harrowed into the soil in the spring. Many old time farmers collect the "stuff" to spread on fields as fertilizer so all is not lost...
soisew

Postby AlmostThere » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:59 pm

Hey, take a box of those 'chips' over to the campfire, Shel! :lol:
AlmostThere

Previous

Return to General Talk