Corn on the Cob

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Corn on the Cob

Postby asirimarco » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:44 pm

So true about some of the southern RV parks. I think we are among the youngest ones here at 1000Trails ( I'm 70 and Bill is 72) Watched an "old man" use his walker to get up to his RV and barely pull himself inside. Then off he drove in his 40 ft with his toad. More power to him. Had to laugh about the pills too - because of some kind of weird allergy I get hives - to keep them under control I take 5 pills every day. Such a stupid thing to have to take so many pills for.
On age - horror of horrors my oldest son was telling me he got his AARP card the other day. NOOOOOOOOOOO!
asirimarco

Postby soisew » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:17 am

Well, that's a fact of life isn't it. We all age and sooner or later we'll all hit gereatric days! Corn on the cob...well does it matter if one can't eat if off the cob or not!

As another poster said holistic ways in this country are not covered by insurance especially medicare which most of our fellow retirees use so...we simply haven't got a choice. Holistic means alone will not cure all the ills of our world but Eastern medicine has influenced our lives enough maybe someday things will change. The fact that chiropractic is now covered by medicare is indeed a good sign. Until then we all do the best we can.

We get the humor and that's how we all get through life!

We have friends in Yuma right now but don't know what park. We had planned to visit them this winter but we won't be heading to the SW until after the 1st of March and will only be there for a month.
soisew

Postby Redetotry » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:32 pm

I believe ones health can be improved without spending a lot of money. I think we here in the States have been brought up with a take a pill for everything mentality. There are a lot of things that work rather than taking a pill. One small example, chewing taking about 1/2 teas. of whole fennel seed is great for gas and doen't have artifical extras (I don't swallow the seed). ;) plus it is cheap when bought in bulk.

I also think good health doesn’t come in one bottle of juice or a lot of pills, it comes, or is vastly improved, by eating a balanced diet of no high processed food, exercise and taking a good multi-vitamin supplement appropriate for your age.

You also have to consider your whole body, did you know that just sitting quietly and concentrating on your breathing is wonderfully healthy. Taking care of both your body and your mind is so important.

I am also convinced that most don't know what a healthy diet is and don't realize that with the additives and the way our food is grown today one has to learn to read labels! That chicken from the deli has been injected with a salty solution to make it taste better and the tuna salad in restaurants has lots of sugar added. To me anything with a sugar content of over 15 is high so look at your cereal for example what is the sugar content, mine is four.

I'm not saying eating well and exercising will keep everyone from having to take regular medications but it will go a long way to making you a healthier happier person without spending a lot of money.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Bethers » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:52 pm

I agree with Redetotry 100% - I read every label and do NOT purchase anything in a store or online that doesn't give me the complete ingredients of products that I or my pup might be taking.

I'm glad that product is working for you, Gill, but being very familiar with MS - I highly doubt it's cured that or improved that at all - especially when I see the main ingredients are pear, apple and another juice - and I can't find a complete ingredient list. However, that doesn't mean that I don't believe it's helping you. I'm always glad when anyone finds something that works for them. I just don't think it's for me.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:49 pm

Several years ago a lady in my bible study group was selling something very similar. She brought in tiny samples for us to try. It tasted ok. As it turned out, and this seems to happen allot when I buy nutritional supplements online, you are forced to become a member in order to buy any of it, and you have to commit to an entire month's worth at one time. From there on out they automatically ship monthly and charging your credit card account. If you are not satisfied and want to stop, then you have to go through canceling your account and sometimes that can become a huge hassle. Sorry to be a downer, but I'm speaking from experience.
AlmostThere

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:39 pm

Redetotry, I PMd you but it's just sitting in my outbox and won't send. I'll keep trying.
AlmostThere

Postby Liz » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:07 am

Does wishing I was in Arizona count?
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Previous

Return to General Talk