Thursday, the 26th

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Thursday, the 26th

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:20 am

Good morning gals,

Woke up early and can't get back to sleep. Feeling anxious again this morning. Not sure why. :? That was almost gone for the past week or so.

I did end up going out yesterday, Got my hair cut by my old manager. By the time I got home, the yard and carport were all cleaned out. They did miss both patio areas tho, so I will get out my little blower this morning and blow off the deck and then the patios. My eyes are still irritated from the dust blowing around yesterday. I need some goggles!

I dropped my car off at my mechanics shop yesterday afternoon. They will check it all over good today for me. I asked them to check tires, brakes, alignment, fluids, etc.

I got the title for the RV yesterday so that means the RV dealer can advertise it right away. Was hoping I would get it before I left, so that was good.

I borrowed a ladder from a neighbor and was able to pull down the covers from the skylights, so it is much brighter in the kitchen and bathroom now.

Since I don't have a car today, I am forced to finish the rest of the sorting and packing. It is mostly small drawers with misc stuff in them (junk drawers :roll: ). I call that stuff "piddly crap" and it usually ends up in another "junk" box. I really need to just toss most of that stuff.

Gonna be under 100* for the next 2 days and then start getting hot again over the weekend and into next week. Luckily, I will have 2 people helping me load the U-Haul on Thursday morning so it will go quick. Friday I won't have to leave here until shortly after noon or so, since check in at the motel in Yuma isn't until 3pm and it is just under a 3 hour drive there. Will leave Saturday morning early so I can get to Tucson by noon. I think I will give a huge sigh of relief once I get out there!

OK, enough rambling... have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Thursday, the 26th

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:44 am

Here is the link about the new BLM/LTVA price increase. They are looking for feedback on this plan...

https://www.blm.gov/announcement/blm-bu ... recreation
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Sep 19, 2024 3:26 pm

Good afternoon. Weather is still perfect but going to change Tuesday, going to be about 88 UGH
Nothing very exciting going on here today. Took Emma to the groomer, went to the store for a few things. Threw a load of laundry in. Now making some lunch and will sew a few more squeakers in a couple of toys.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 19, 2024 4:17 pm

I decided against going to Spearfish Canyon today. I woke up with a headache and went and grabbed some continental breakfast then came back and laid down. I've been there several times but had never done the Skyline Drive in Rapid City. I only did part of it this afternoon to a lookout area. It was nice. I stopped at Safeway for some chicken so I'll have that for dinner tonight and the next few on the road. I'm about to watch the final of MasterChef before I hear or read who won.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Thu Sep 19, 2024 4:37 pm

New Mexico is also considering raising the price of camping and its annual camping pass. Latest news I could find was that any changes would be after Jan 1, 2025. Currently, NM state parks are a real deal. Cost of no-hookup site is $10 per night, with an extra $4 for electric sites. Annual Camping pass for out-of-state is $225 and gives you almost unlimited no-hookup sites, with your having to pay only the $4 for an electric site. This means you can stay 23 days and have the pass paid for!! Right now, I have reservations for 24 nights and am making more reservations for March soon. Only problem is pass is good for 12 months after date of purchase, but people like me make reservations 6 months in advance, so I lose 6 months, but it is still a good deal. NM is considering raising price to $600 per year for out-of-state people!!

Got a mobile RV person coming out next Wednesday, just before I leave. Only time I could get someone. I called a couple of dealers, who were as usual backed up forever, but my big problem is the struts holding my bed up will take two weeks to order. So, I called Fleetwood parts and they will send them to me 2nd day air, which I am going to have them do. Then at least, I have the parts.

Today I am going to replace the thermostat in my rig with the identical one I bought 6 years ago!! Should be easy, just matching up wire colors, right?? Then I need to get a ladder out and try to pull folded front bed down so I can climb up there and see if I pulled a TV cord out. Front overhead bunk folds up and is almost impossible for short person like me to grab it and unfold it. Wish me luck. And tomorrow I get my covid shot. Will wait until November for flu shot so it will be most effective around holidays.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In ID, then WA & OR, and finally to CA. Winter: NV, AZ, & NM

Postby cnq50b » Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:02 pm

Hi all,
Finally getting a little caught up.

My friends were here 4 nights - left on Sunday. We had a wonderful time. They are very special people. Only problem was the wife tested positive for Covid the day after they left. She is mortified & terrified that she exposed me. However, with the cool weather we were outside most of the time & even inside we always had the windows open. Anyway I cleaned & sanitized everything - so far, so good. Neither I nor her husband have had any symptoms. They had both gotten the latest covid vaccine a few weeks ago. I'll get my booster in a couple of weeks just to make sure the full incubation time runs out.

A week ago, one of my younger brothers had a heart attack. He wasn't feeling well & finally during the night decided they should go to an ER. The first couple days were touch & go until he got transferred to the best cardiology hospital in Kansas City. He had open-heart surgery on Monday & went home today. He's only 63 - but a smoker. I'm sure he'll be making some life changes now.

I have kid-duty off & on thru the next week while my son & DIL are out of town. For once my DIL's sister is going to take care of the kids most of the time but needs some help transporting them to/from school & soccer games & practices. I took Jordi to his practice yesterday. Trying to keep 4 year old boys on task is like chasing cats - but they are better than they were a couple of weeks ago. Looking forward to watching their games this Saturday.

Barbie, congrats on making the changes to your plan. Sounds like you are at peace with the new plan & not as anxious as before. Lots to do, but things are falling in place.
Anita, glad that you're back.
Beth, too bad you couldn't stay in the cabin.
Sue, hope you feel better soon.
Judy, glad they got your RV fixed.

Well, I'd better go. I've got to be at my son's house at 6AM tomorrow so they can head out of town. At least all I have to do is get the kids up & fed & take them to school. ;)
Take care,
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby snowball » Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:27 am

it's Thursday so it's a busier day... the aide comes about 1:00 then the nurse about 3... it makes it feel like I can't accomplish much... so I don't just read scriptures pod cast and crochet... I did look at the video a bit for the hat still doing something wrong with it the design it's lining up right found out I was doing one thing wrong but that wouldn't affect the other... one day it will work out hopefully Tomorrow we need to get up and about earlier than normal made an appt for mom for her hair at a place that is about 1.5 hours away ... I think while she is at the appointment I hope to go to Walmart pick up a few things need to put that list in my purse before I forget it...
my niece stopped by and got a load of clothes to wash my dd comes every two weeks but mom went through enough that my niece stopped at got some... had hopes that she would bring them back tonight but didn't... I wish that they would find time to come by for more than the time it takes to pick up or drop off see them so rarely that mom thinks they have left. :?
Barbie saw something tonight that I should have written the name down it's an apple app the ad said (I didn't read it ) but that ADHD people should get starts with a Brea something perhaps I know the B for sure of course if you don't have an apple then it won't be of a use.... only a week to go... sounds like it will go well
we are cool enough here Karen that I would welcome a bit warmer temps...
Catherine hope you don't get COVID we were exposed a month ago but didn't get it either were outside so wasn't overly worried...
Beth have a save trip are you going a different route? the sky line is that where the big dino's are? we always loved going up there as kids when visiting the grandparent's
Judy can you stay a day or so longer since the tech can't come till just before you leave?
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:46 am

I didn't do much today except mow this afternoon. I sure wish they would spray for mosquitoes. I had to spray with OFF twice while I was mowing. I would like to go to the pond but I'm sure the mosquitoes are really bad there.

Catherine, glad your brother got medical help before it was too late. I remember when my son played T-Ball. They put him in the outfield and when I looked he was laying on the ground. If he was in the dugout he was whining because he wanted to go to the concession stand.

I hear rumors that Louisiana and Mississippi state park rates are going up. Louisiana hasn't yet and I haven't checked on Mississippi. Most of the private parks have gone up to $50 and higher. It makes me consider how much I want to go to some.

It got up to 98 today. I went out when it was 94 to put ant bait out and just walking around the house I had sweat pouring off me. They are still talking about something forming in the gulf next week.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:46 am

Already in bed but thought I would jump on here again quick.

I got thru quite a bit of stuff today, including my cupboards with food. I will leave some here and try to get rid of some to friends before I leave. All non-perishable stuff. I have one box of food I will take with me. Most of what I have in the fridge and freezer will get tossed unless I can pawn it off on friends too.

Just have a couple little junk drawers left. The lawn guys came by this morning and blew off the debris from my two patios so that saved me from having to do that myself.

Got my car back this evening. Got new brakes on that and got more freon in the AC system. I suspected the brakes were worn down and they were. Pulling a U-Haul, I need good brakes. Also, my AC hasn't been getting very cool in recent months. I want to be sure the cats are comfortable when we are traveling. I will be driving to Yuma in the hotter part of the day. I guess now I may as well keep my Jeep since I have had most of the big things replaced on it recently! :roll:

I can't believe how much the campgrounds, boon-docking areas, and State Parks prices are going up now! That NM annual pass will no longer be much of a deal at $600.

Cats got their claws clipped today. They were not happy and not very cooperative. But we got 'em done!

It is windy out tonight so I have one window open in my bedroom. Not sure I want to open the other one because of all the dust on the ground from scalping that will be blowing around. The one open window is on the opposite side of the house from the wind so it is not blowing into my room but I will hopefully still get the cooler air.

I better get to sleep here. I need to get up early, put some gas in the RV and get it dropped off at the dealer. I filled the tank on my Jeep tonight and couldn't believe that gas is below $4 a gallon now! Haven't seen that in quite awhile!

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee