FRIDAY 5/24

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

FRIDAY 5/24

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri May 24, 2024 3:07 pm

Good afternoon,where the heck is everyone LOL I had my eye doc appointment for my injections this morning so I cant get on the computer for a while after that. So had lunch and now just hanging out. I have a guy here cleaning my gutters, he said should take about an hour. Nice young fellow. My neighbor said I had something growing out of one end of my gutter LOL grass, he tried to take it out but mobile home gutters attached to the awning are stupid. They work tho so that is what is important. He got some of it out so hopefully this fellow can fix me up easily. I have a gutter attachment for the hose and it works well for just flushing the gutters. I dont have any trees here so no leaf issues which is good.
No rain today and looking at 80 on Monday. It is off and on cloudy here today but warming up to 72. I will go out and water later on.

I will be putting my tomato stands together this afternoon as I used 2 of my others for my pole beans. They only come in a group of 3 and I only need 2 so will just store the other one until next year. They are really tall and support my tomatoes well. "Titan Tomato Towers" is a very apt name for them as they are very tall. Much better than those silly wire tomato cages. These are heavy duty plastic and the rings are adjustable. Love em. Pricey but I think well worth it.

Not sure what is for dinner tonight. I have lots of veggies to choose from, beans, asparagus, carrots, brussels sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower....I am all set for the week. Time for a Mocha and some relaxing
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Re: FRIDAY 5/24

Postby JudyJB » Fri May 24, 2024 4:31 pm

I'm here, but did not get much sleep last night and am seriously contemplating a nap, even though I almost never take naps. Had to write out some checks for estate this morning and double and triple checked everything, so it took me an hour to write out three checks and put them in envelopes. I could never be a lawyer because having to get everything right would drive me nuts.

Had to wait for almost two hours before I could get checked into this state park. I am pretty sure sites were ready, but the couple at the gate said they did not like to let anyone enter until 2:30 pm. Tags were already on posts and they released about 20 vehicles that were waiting all at once, which meant we were all in line getting water fills near the dump station. Site is OK, but I am not going to spend much time in it anyway because I will be going to my son's condo each day for three days. He and his wife have a condo on a canal, and has a lot of water toys--used small boat, wave runner, whatever you call those boards that kids stand on, and rafts they pull with the boat. Problem is as kids get older, they end up with part-time jobs, and only 2 of 3 will probably be coming and maybe only 1 for whole weekend. Two older kids have their own cars, or at least used to until oldest smashed his dad's car on ice this past winter, so they are waiting for delivery of replacement. So only three cars for four people--feel really, really sorry for them!!! (I had one very old car briefly as a teen, and then had to give it to an aunt and uncle who were unemployed and needed a car. I never minded giving it up to my favorite aunt, but a lot of today's kids expect to have cars.)

Weather is perfect this week. Last week was hot but this week supposed to be in high 70s only. I somehow developed a really dark tan in Florida, so need to fade a bit to fit in!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby JudyJB » Fri May 24, 2024 4:35 pm

PS -- I think we are really getting to be a much later group, so should call this afternoon coffee or something. Maybe nighttime "chaser"??? Maybe it is our age???? I know, other than a couple of serious "achievers," we are really not that busy these days. At least that applies to me since i read the blog but put off posting until late afternoon or evening.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby Bethers » Fri May 24, 2024 6:53 pm

When Sue starts it, it gets an early start. Then there are the people who come on early, but instead of starting a new thread post their new day in the previous days thread. We all make the best of it and no one is wrong, or we all are lol.

Me, who almost never makes reservations, spent time today checking on motels for my return to Texas in October, v after deciding the best days to go. I found some good deals and reserved two motels. If I don't get myself out early from here my first morning I might make a short day of it and find a third place to stop. I say that because I'll need to move the RV into the storage area and hook up the battery tender to the engine battery and cover the tires, winterize, etc etc. Doing it all the first time could take me longer. I mean, in all my years RVing I've never had to do these things. And that includes leaving the TT to come here as no winterizing was necessary and I don't currently have tire covers for it, but when I get them they'll be permanent. Hopefully I'll be ok with the choices I made in motels, but I want looking for fancy so their mainly, hopefully, clean and the beds comfortable. I made sure I can cancel if necessary. One up to 24 hours in advance, one 72 hours.

I did a good job getting my steps in yesterday. Today my first walk was good, but it's been bad since. Oh well, we'll have one more at least to try to make up some steps.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Sat May 25, 2024 12:28 am

I am back at mom's house and mom will return tomorrow... didn't get back till about 9 had to stop at the store for milk didn't have either one nor bread so now have milk and bread...
niece came by to help bring stuff in she actually brought in most of the stuff...
now I need to put stuff away... I ought to go do that now just wanted to check in
and see what all are doing no much going on...
but that is how some days go
I had left my jacket at the Solon when I got my hair cut my granddaughter was suppose to stop by and pick it up when I text her this morning she didn't answer so didn't knew if she had...so stopped by and it was there so grabbed it later I got a text saying she had picked it up oops so whose did I have? looks like mine... so pulled over and called her she meant to say and possibly did and I misread it that she hadn't picked it up whew so I had my jacket... it was a good day other than the slow down between one town and another took forever sometimes just moving at an idle speed finally got to where we merged into one lane that was the whole problem taking 2 lanes and putting them into one for all of 1/2 mile of construction I never drive and talk on the phone this was one time I felt relatively safe doing so...
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby Acadianmom » Sat May 25, 2024 1:28 am

I didn't do much today but wash the sheets on the spare room bed that the cats sleep on. One of them threw up a hair ball. I put a cover over it so I'll just have to wash the cover. It got up to 92 today. After it cooled off I mowed. I finally got the push mower started after 15 pulls. It made one round and died. Then it would start but not stay running. I put some sea foam in the gas and it would start, run bad for a minute and die. If I had a bomb I would put it under that mower. I finally got it to run long enough to mow Luna's yard. My shoulder will probably pay for all that pulling.

I saw on Facebook that Blue Bell has a new flavor, A&W Root Beer Float. I'll have to look for that.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat May 25, 2024 3:00 am

Late night getting to bed but I don't have anything to do in the morning.

Just hung out doing not much of anything today. Luckily, no pain and no side effects so that is good. Might be able to get something done around here tomorrow.

Cats are wild tonight! :shock: The wind is wild as well! Started blowing hard around 4pm and still howling out there now. Supposed to continue into Sunday. :roll: Temps are in the low 100's. I need to find a 6 ft ladder so I can put the covers on the skylights in here to keep the sun and heat out for the summer. I have vaulted ceilings in here so the skylights are really high up. Can't quite reach them with my 4 ft ladder.

No news yet from either Unemployment or the food assistance. Need to find out soon as I will be having to resort to my savings pretty soon for food/gas. :roll: Still not finding any jobs that I qualify for at all. Might end up having to try the DoorDash thing and see how that goes. Linda (Bikerchic) does that in Des Moines, Iowa and does pretty good with it.

Guess I better get to bed...
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee