Sunshine Tuesday, May 7th

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunshine Tuesday, May 7th

Postby Colliemom » Tue May 07, 2024 6:33 am

njoyed reading about the GTG’s. Wasn’t there either, but remember them. Nice pictures and Martha, love that Minnie Pearl hat. Do you still have it? I miss the days when we were active RVers and having GTG’s with others, traveling etc. But time has moved on and many of us have hung up the keys. No new people joining cause we’ve become more of a social club and here again, tines have changed. Whether or not more Wmen are taking up RVing is up for debate. But we have lots of memories to remember by.

Martha, hope you get your tire fixed or replaced. Shelia, sorry about your mom. Things will flow smoother, once you get her into Hospice and a routine is established. Anita, glad you enjoyed your trip, but sorry to hear about your brother and DIL. Sounds like everybody else is busy with yards, repairs or whatever.

Neighbor came over with a pretty pot of outdoor flowers and a Menards gift cad for me the other day. A Thank You for letting them store their pontoon boat in my yard this past winter. That will have a home on my porch for the summer. You can bet the gift cad will be well spent with all the projects gong on.

Guess I should head for the shower and get my day started. Well, it already started with breakfast, so I will just c tinge on. Have a nice dsy all.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Sunshine Tuesday, May 7th

Postby PeggyinCT » Tue May 07, 2024 8:50 am

Good morning Everybody. I loved seeing the photos with so many familiar faces. The rallies were a critical part of forming and keeping the forum lively for so many years…. Doing everything on line just isn’t the same, but most of us are not driving rv’s anymore. Maybe we could all meet up and take a cruise….. Enjoy your day. Peggy
PeggyinCT

Postby SoCalGalcas » Tue May 07, 2024 10:39 am

Loved the pictures of the GTG’s. Brought back fond memories. I do miss my days of RVING. Every time I see an RV going down the road I yearn for those days. I loved the GTG’s. Miss seeing all of you in person.
The woman you are thinking of was “weaver” something or other. Was her name Louise?
Sheila, it is sad about your mom. I have had experience with hospice and I believe you will come to appreciate them as the days go by.
Still sitting here reading! Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby JudyJB » Tue May 07, 2024 1:34 pm

I had fun digging up the photos and posting them! I would have loved to hear the stories from the lady whose kids kept trying to track her!! I think most of us had/have kids who were worried about our traveling. I know my older son keeps trying to get me to settle down in a nice apartment somewhere, but I am not ready for that yet.

Would love to see photos of other GTGs if anyone has them. Got to run out now and do a couple of loads of laundry.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby chalet05 » Tue May 07, 2024 2:24 pm

Good memory, Lyn! Roadweaver Louise. I think she told that when I was too far away to hear it all, but I remember the laughter. Think her ex was traveling with her then.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Redetotry » Tue May 07, 2024 2:35 pm

Tina said she thought the lady in red was Gloria and that name seems to ring a bell more so than Louise. I met her at a GTG in Arkansas. I arrived late at the camp ground as I got a bit lost. Someone came out to meet me and guide me in. Several people left early because of ants.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue May 07, 2024 2:43 pm

BJ your memory is correct. I have also met Louise and it was Gloria traveling through Florida with us. Maybe it was Louise that is remembered for or in one of the axe murderer picts that prove some of us do travel with the tools we just chose not to use them. I remember Louise going to Elkhart, Indiana to get her class C custom made inside to hold her weaving and sewing tools…..
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby chalet05 » Tue May 07, 2024 4:51 pm

I think it was Louise Lyn mentioned trying to keep her kids finding her via GPS. Nothing to do with the photos.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Bethers » Tue May 07, 2024 5:06 pm

chalet05 wrote:I think it was Louise Lyn mentioned trying to keep her kids finding her via GPS. Nothing to do with the photos.

Thank you, vu was just about to go back and look. I thought those were two different posts. Louise was a hoot and I enjoyed meeting her. She kind of just dropped out though and I couldn't get hold of her anymore.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Tue May 07, 2024 9:07 pm

I remember Roadweaver. She was retired from being a traveling insurance adjuster, and she did have a motorhome custom made to fit her loom. I remember her telling us about her falling off a roof once while she was inspecting it. Last I heard she was camp hosting somewhere, but that was a few years ago. I did find some photos she posted: https://www.flickr.com/photos/41382856@N00/with/8070631637

We need to have a GTG somehow, but we are so spread out now.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby monik7 » Tue May 07, 2024 10:03 pm

Now that I see her photo Judy I remember her. I saw her in Quartzite just once. She was really interesting to talk to.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby snowball » Tue May 07, 2024 11:44 pm

louise was in Q maybe a couple of times.. as was a gal from Victoria Canada but for the life of me can't recall her name... she talked my husband into getting me a necklace that I fell in love with :lol: it spoke to me hard to describe differently than that.... I almost note almost felt guilty that he paid that much money for it... I'd seen the price so couldn't justify getting it...
it dawned on me today that Irmi has been MIA as has been Pat so hopefully if they are lurking they will speak up
we didn't have the meeting today will tomorrow at 2:30 my brother is going to try to come .... it will be at home Hospice I think life will go on much the same but with other's floating through a few times a week... my sister finally replied to a text (I send a group text to all the siblings) not saying what she thinks about doing hospice but a question to ask but at least she is responding ...
mom wasn't impressed with the chicken rice dish maybe ate a forkful maybe but eat an ear of corn ... when she doesn't eat something any better than that I tend to find a new home for it... will call niece :roll:
tomorrow as well the oxygen people will come and exchange tanks good thing I don't plan on going anywhere till evening signed up to get some stuff for a service project but I may just see if someone can pick the items up will decide tomorrow
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby Acadianmom » Wed May 08, 2024 1:08 am

There use to be a lot of talk about the ax murders. My son had something to say about me going across the country to meet people I didn't know. I wouldn't let him go to an Anime convention in Ohio when he was still in school. I still hear about that. I haven't seen Gloria in a few years. She would just show up ever so often. I can't remember her little dog's name.

Around here there are quite a few women camping. I think Facebook has helped to promote some of the women's groups. I can't go to all the campouts I know about from the different groups I belong to. I belong to Louisiana Belles, Bee's with Hives, Getaway Gals, Sisters on the Fly and Rving Women. They all kind of intermingle so I never know who I will see at a campout. There are getting to be a lot of women I have never met.

Sue, I bought the hat at a thrift store we went to last week. I had to leave the price tag on it. They told me not to give this one away. Hope I can find it if we have another derby campout.

I got my tire fixed and went to my Meetup meal. We went to Outback Steak House. They had a steak and lobster special so most of us had that. The steak was sirloin and not my favorite but was ok. I like their Onion Blossom but boy is it greasy.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed May 08, 2024 2:27 am

Getting close to midnight and am ready for bed. Was a bit of a rough day, at least to start with.

Got up early to get to my ADHD doctor appointment. After missing a turn and having to go back, I got there right at 9am. Then was told my appointment wasn't until 11am :roll: . But they said they would try to get me in right then since my appointments don't take more than about 5 minutes to update my meds. I wasn't feeling too good so was glad to get in right away and get that over with. From there I stopped down the street at Kohls to bring a couple Amazon returns there. Then I started to feel a little better so made a couple other stops including the gas station. On the way home, I stopped at my local WM to pick up my meds, but then decided I better stop to get gas before I forget. :roll: Just when I pulled into the gas station, I remembered that I just got gas 15 minutes earlier :oops: . Where was my brain??? :? So I go to WM to the pharmacy and the guy asks for my driver's license since I am getting a controlled drug. I hand it to him and he tells me it is expired...by over a year! After proving who I was, I was sure wondering how I could have not renewed it for that long! :? Once I got home, I got online to the DMV to see what was going on. It showed that I had renewed it and it was good until 2028. So I went looking for another license. I finally found another one in my purse. That was the current one, but also had the old one in there. Not sure why I had that one too. SO confusing!! :shock: . I decided after that to just take a nap and start my day over!

Once I got up, I didn't accomplish much. I saw a firetruck pull up outside so I knew Gloria probably fell again. That is the 4th time in just a couple weeks! I went over later to make sure she was OK and she was. But she was upset because they told her she should consider going into an assisted living home. Gloria is a tough, independent Texas lady, so she didn't take that well. I asked if she has a walker, which she does but says it is too wide to go down her hallway and into her bathroom and bedroom (they are really narrow in these places!). Later I looked online and found some that are smaller and more narrow that would work better so I will tell her about that tomorrow.

I got a letter from the unemployment office telling me about the interview I have with them regarding my application and questions they have about my work/termination situation. The questions they want to know about can all be answered in the text messages I am going to print out from the GM at Great Clips. Hope that will resolve that situation so I can get some money from them soon.

I was looking online at job postings and getting frustrated. There is nothing I am qualified for. They either require lifting up to 50 pounds, being bilingual, standing all day, a bachelors degree, or a year or two of experience. I really don't know what I will do. I will have to talk to my career coach about it. I guess Door Dash is still a possibility. With the cost of gas (almost $6/gln now :shock: ), it won't pay very much after filling the tank.

The wind picked up earlier tonight and has been howling for hours out there! :shock: Will the winds every quit out here? Enough already!

Martha, who was the gal with you in that photo? Yeah, the best way to deal with complaints about a party is to invite the complainers to join the party! :lol:

Anita, I am sorry to hear about the setbacks with your brother and daughter. I am sure it is frustrating for all of you to get bad news, and then good news, and back to bad again. That is very draining emotionally. (((hugs)))

Sheila, I am also sorry to hear about your mom. I know she will get great care between you, your family, and Hospice getting involved. (((hugs) to you too.

Lynn, I met Louise in Florida at a GTG while I was there visiting my friend Cathy quite a few years ago. She was so nice and friendly! I also met Nan, who had just bought a brand new RV and hadn't even told anyone about it yet. It was gorgeous! Also met Sarah and Soos. We only stayed a few hours but it was fun chatting with them all.

Yeah, most of the old group has moved on, given up the keys or just doing other things, or have passed on. Things change as the years go on. I am still just waiting to get started in the RV adventure.

OK, need to get to sleep now...tomorrow is another day, hopefully a less confusing one! :?
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Redetotry » Wed May 08, 2024 6:35 am

Does anyone remember which campground we were at in Arkansas? Martha I believe you were parked next to me and had brought persimmons to share. The woman who died a few years ago from FL was also there and we watched in amazement as she unhitched with only one arm. I also remember stopping for gas and a man who was so surprised that I was traveling alone. I always wanted to meet Soos, her early posts from when she lived somewhere that was very cold in the winter and at the time she was working at a school. I was sure they would find her frozen body one day as she lived very primitively. She was also known for her 'recipe"
Someone should go back through all of our posts and write a book!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Next

Return to Morning Coffee